Slate Stamped Porch

This new slate stamped porch replaced an existing concrete porch that had failed due to sinking.

The previous entry was poorly designed and the concrete had lived its full life. We removed the concrete porch, supporting wall, wood supports and the path that led up to the porch. We replaced the supporting posts of the front porch with pressure treated lumber due to a carpenter ant infestation.

The new design includes an acid stained and stamped border, a colored sand finish field and a much more friendly and aesthetically pleasing concrete stair that included redwood acid stain.

We used the old trim from the porch posts to trim the new pressure treated support columns.  The trim was recently installed by a different contractor, along with new windows.  This kept the front of the house matching and gave the worm feelings they desired.